Happy Tuesday! The first Tuesday morning in a LONG time where I am not running around like a chicken with it’s head cut off. Actually I probably react a lot worse than the chicken does…
Anyway, my last day to enjoy peace and quiet until I return to the madness. Speaking of madness, my gym yesterday- COMPLETE MADNESS! I tell you I haven’t seen it that crowded since the New Year. I’m not sure why it was so packed, but at one point I couldn’t even find a proper set of weights to curl. You can imagine my excitement :/
I did some cardio until things let up a bit and then I noticed this…
Yes, that would be the Chick-Fil-a cow walking around in the gym. Why a fast food place is being promoted in a gym, I have no idea. It seemed a bit off to me too. I have history with that cow anyway, long story, but we are not friends!
As I was stepping away I was thinking about the gym in general. How some people are intimidated by it, how some do not use it to it’s full potential (not in a bad way, I’ll get to this in a minute), and just random things I do that make life a bit easier while working out. So here are some of the things that went through my head. Enjoy!
- Additional rooms. Just because there are not classes in session doesn’t mean you cannot use those rooms. I take full advantage of the fitness studio at all times. There are tons of mirrors, along with a ton of room! Don’t be afraid to take equipment in there for your own personal space. It’s ALWAYS empty. And you guys know I love to use the spin room by myself as well. Get in your own spin class workout when class is not going So use that gym space!
- Hair issues. I have to keep my hair completely out of my face without a chance of it falling. I use two hair ties to keep it up.
- Keep it clean. I cannot stress enough how gross it is when I walk up to a machine or bench that someone has sweat all over. I don’t understand why people do not clean up after themselves!
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. If you want to try a machine, but are not quite sure how to use it, ASK! Generally people at the gym are very friendly and will help you out. No one cares if you ask for help, in fact it’ll go to their head, so help make a meatheads day 😉
- Play Nice. I often see dirty looks given by other girls, or whispers and giggles. Please don’t judge someone else no matter what their shape. You don’t know their story or their journey!
- Unfortunately I never look up. This is just what I do. I may seem conceited by others because I do not make eye contact or smile much. Plus 99% of the time I’m looking at myself during my lifts. I’m there to make progress and work, not chit chat. This comes with reason. Every time I’ve tried to be even a tad social, it opens up the flood gates to people not letting you workout because they want to talk so much. So I prefer being a lone ranger.
- Make the most of your time. If something is taken, do something else. If you stand around and wait you probably won’t get the workout you intended on. When the weights were taken yesterday I just grabbed plates and curled those! Whatever works.
I used this core stabilizer to do some standing ab work since a lot of things were taken!
So just a few random things 😉
That was in the evening, but EARLIER in the day Phoebe and I had a busy morning of de-stressing a bit and losing ourselves in some good writing. I decided to give her a new toy to keep her busy and I have never seen Phoebe get so attached to something so quickly! The toy “deflato” as I call him lasted a whole 2 seconds, so his partner in crime was given to her yesterday.
That would be “Betsy”. Yes we name all our toys. She played with her ALL DAY LONG and freaked out if you tried to take it from her.
While looking for something in my closet, I came across this sweater I bought for Phoebs and never used.
Of course we had to try it on.
She hated it. I probably left it on her 3 minutes.
I also FINALLY found the gum I’ve been searching all over for! This is SOUR PATCH KID GUM! Yes!
A bikini competitors best friend is gum! Keeps the cravings away and stops the mindless munching. I tried both of course and I actually prefer the lime, and usually I am a “red” kind of girl. It does taste like a sour patch kid, but the flavor doesn’t stick around that long. I still enjoy it though.
This is just my scrounged up gum collection. I have tons in my car and purses. I know, it’s a lot! So I decided to put it all in one place.
My sister and brother in law bought me a pretty jar for Christmas and I hadn’t put it to use yet. So what better use than a “treat jar”.
It’s the closest I’m getting to candy right about now, so I’ll take it.
Today I hit the land of glutes. Oh boy I have to stay motivated though. When I woke up yesterday morning I was greeted with beautiful morning abs.
This is NO posing, no sucking in, no holding my breath, no crazy filters. Just plain me! Never been me before
“I think I can, I think I can”
Have a great day!
XOXO With a Cherry On Top,