The past 2 days I’ve been on the hunt for Muscle Eggs. Muscle eggs I’ve mentioned once before on my blog. They are liquid protein from egg whites. Well after realizing I was not going to find them cheap even on Cyber Monday I was super bummed. They usually come in 2 packs- a 1/2 gallon pack costing you $32 (so 1 gallon total for that price) and for two 1 gallon packs the price was $58. That seems like a lot to me.
I looked at the labels and some of them are just 100% pasteurized egg whites. That’s it! If you want the flavors they are some artificial ingredients in those gallons. I said HECK NO, let me calculate.
I buy the egg whites in the box cartons from the store. Sometimes it’s just easier to do it that way over separating, but I still buy regular eggs too. I like the taller cartons, so about 20 servings in one bottle. After crunching my numbers I realized I can make my own at home for $18-21 A GALLON! Roughly saving $8-13 bucks, plus shipping costs. I like saving a few pennies where I can, especially around the holidays.
If I want chocolate? Guess what I’ll add cocoa powder and a little stevia. I’m going to experiment soon and put up a recipe for you guys
Yesterday the afternoon dragged for me a bit. I always look forward to lunch on these type of days. This week I added rice back into my diet, just twice for higher carb days. Hopefully my body will be chill about it.
When it was finally time to leave I made my gym session all about the glutes again. Cardio was at a minimum as I’m really trying to focus on needing less of it to maintain. I did 20 minutes on the spin bike, but really focused on my glutes. I did mostly standing work, hovering over the seat at a high resistance.
I hear such great stories about having a great body by just doing 3 sessions a week. I’d love to get there some day!
Here was my glute workout (most of these are super slow and controlled):
- Smith Glute bridges, 10-15 added lbs, 10 reps x 4 sets
- Shoulder width stance DEEP squat, 40 lb bar, 10 reps x 4 sets
- Good Mornings, 40 lb bar, 10 reps x 4 sets
- Standing Hamstring curl machine (single leg at a time), 25 lbs, 8 reps x 3 sets each leg
- Plie Squat, 50 lb bar, 10 reps x 4 sets
- Straight leg dead lift, 50 lb bar, 10 reps x 4 sets
- Bulgarian split squat (this one hurts so good). 15 lb weights in hand, 10 reps x 3 sets each leg
- Narrow Squat, 40 lb bar, 10 reps x 3 sets
- Box Step ups with shoulder presses, 12.5 lb weights, 8-10 reps x 4 sets
- Bent over lower leg lifts. I lean on the box for this one with my palms. Abs and glutes tight, lift and lower your leg for 10, then 16 pulses. I did 3 sets each leg. WOW this burns, what a way to finish!
Yep, killed those glutes
I was pretty exhausted after this workout and from the week of hitting the gym hard, so after I came home and ate it was time for bed. Before I passed out, I checked my twitter account one last time and this happened…
YES FOLKS IT’S TRUE. The Pioneer Woman tweeted me. She had asked a question on her page about holiday snacks, and I tweeted to her that I planned on making a few things to give as some gifts (I can’t say what specifically since those people read this blog), but OH MY GOODNESS SHE ANSWERED.
I was over the moon excited about this. I love Ree Drummond, I love her blog, and I love her show and cookbooks. I think I like her so much because she’s a mom that loves her family and that reminds me so much of my own mom. Plus she can cook, also an amazing trait in G-Mama.
I was able to fall asleep even though I was stoked. Nerd alert
Today is my rest day, much needed! Have a great day.
XOXO With a Cherry On Top,